Look At Me!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wishes Fulfilled.

Despite being relatively new to the country, I brushed off my friend's offer to pick me up.
I would be perfectly fine finding her place.
Getting off the train, I walked towards the lane I remembered taking the last (and the first) time I was here.
The sun was setting, darkness looming over the entire block.
Trying to recollect her lane, I took a left. Wrong lane.
Right. Wrong lane
Another left. No points for guessing I was wrong again.
Needless to say, what would have otherwise been a 5 minute walk,  took me almost an hour before I could finally locate her house. ( also involving 15 calls)


Hi Genie, when I said I wished to travel a lot, I din't mean travelling round and round the same block 15 times.
Also the other day when I wished I could wear a gown, I really din't mean a "Hospital Gown" !
You sure have a funny way of fulfilling wishes.


2 comments:

  1. Genie must be overwhelmed with your wishes. You got to be specific next time of what you are asking.

    But please let me tell you something. I travel and lost my way. It is good at times. I end up meeting new friends along the way.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Freddie, I have to be more specific. I know that now, at hindsight.

      Agreed, as long as genie has the sense to keep me safe, I am all for getting lost..

      Peace be with you too!

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day!